Culver City, CA
Ideal candidate for this position will be responsible as a lead developer for design of compound semiconductor lasers. Analyze new conceptual designs, develop epi layer structure, model and simulate epi structure and laser performance. Design high speed devices using different modulation techniques. Interface with epi growers and device fabrication team. Create high-level device fabrication process flow.
Design, modeling, and development of compound semiconductor lasers and modulators
- The candidate should have at least 5 years of experience with laser design and fabrication.
- Must have past work experience to include a minimum of two successfully designed and fabricated laser or transmitter devices
- Detailed knowledge of compound semiconductors, epitaxial growth, laser device physics, fabrication process and chip packaging, required
- Manufacturing and quality control experience are also highly desired.
- The candidate will work in a team and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Must be a strong problem solver and capable to manage projects.
Education and Experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in electrical engineering, applied physics, or equivalent and at least 3 years of industry experience are required.
If you are qualified and interested in being considered for this position, please email a copy of your resume in MSWord PDF format in confidence to HR1@apichip.com
APIC Corporation is an emerging market leader in the development and production of highly integrated photonic and electronic solutions. Founded to advance the research, development, and production of highly integrated photonic technology, and committed to continued leadership in advanced photonic integrated circuits, APIC forged strategic academic and industrial partnerships and cultivated relationships with key partners in manufacturing, marketing, and product development to achieve our goals. APIC provides a fast paced and challenging environment, and a management team with a long history of exceptional performance complemented by a technical staff with world renowned scientific credentials. APIC Corporation offers competitive salaries and benefits. U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required.
Download This Post